Wednesday 13 June 2007

Motorcycling in Oz
















This is a space for describing various motorcycling trips that I've done in recent times. It's about a passion for motorcycles that I've had since I was a kid - when a mate of my Dad's gave me a worn out Vespa scooter to fix. (And I still have a soft spot for Vespas).

My current bike is a Honda VFR 800, 2001 model. It is described as a "Sports tourer", ie. agile and sporty enough for day trips but also capable of comfortable long distance touring. The VFR 800 has a lovely DOHC V4 engine. I've added a Sargent touring seat from the USA, a Ventura luggage system and a custom stainless steel exhaust from Staintune Aust.

Remember to watch out for tar snakes!

"We keep passing unseen through little moments of other people's lives".
Robert M. Pirsig .