Saturday 23 May 2009

Stimulus package on Elizabeth St Melbourne

I went to Melbourne this morning to collect my Dainese Galvestone textile pants that I'd had on order from Peter Stevens motorcycles in Elizabeth Street. Thanks for the stimulus package $'s Kevin Rudd! For those not familiar with Melbourne, Elizabeth St in downtown Melbourne has a strip with 105 year history of motorcycle shops.

It was great dealing with a salesman named Bill, who was knowledgeable about their products and had an approach that appealed to a mature rider like myself. I find some of the younger guys seem to think that their customers have to be "kewl" to be worthy of their attention. I've noticed at the big dealerships these young guys are often on traineeships and don't last long anyway.

First textile pants I've ever purchased - should be good now that winter is upon us here in the southern hemisphere.
Gortex whats more!
Maybe I'll get the matching jacket if I get a decent tax return, check out the Gator.

I wandered down to Peter Stevens new store in A'Beckett St. This houses the Hardley Ableson, Triumph & MV Agusta dealerships as well as a "clearance centre". This place is big & kinda like K Mart.

I'd quite like to take this for a run.

Lotsa Triumphs - this is but a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment