Friday 9 October 2009

Honda VFR1200 V4

Honda's much anticipated new V4 touring motorcycle has finally been released.

Could this be my next motorcycle? Certainly not the first model - but after that I'd be very interested. Shaft drive, two up touring ability and optional hard luggage would certainly meet my needs.

Here are some publicity shots from Honda's European website at HONDA





Shaft drive

There is no official pricing available yet & can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Honda have a dual clutch option available to offer a full or semi-automatic option, though I believe that's not included on the base model. It has the ability to run on 2, 3 or 4 cylinders to save fuel, however, for a tourer the fuel tank is a bit small at 18.5 litres.

Going by the specs sheet it's a bit of a porker though at around 260kg - I guess it will depend on how low that weight is distributed.

Update 28/10/09 Motorcycle USA track test of VFR1200

No comments:

Post a Comment