Saturday 16 July 2011

Winter sun

Marty & I took a run to the 12 Apostles today. It was 6C when we left after an overnight low of 0C. It probably didn't get an warmer than 13C anywhere on our route, but we were dressed for the cold and had an enjoyable day's riding.

I only took a couple of shots of the motorcycles parked in Port Campbell as I have dozens of pics of the 12 Apostles area in the camera already!




It was my first time out with the new mufflers on the ZX14 and they sound great, without being too loud.
The roads were mostly dry but there is an enormous amount of water lying about the roadsides and in the paddocks.

We wound up doing 341 kms for the day which is good for a day trip in the middle of winter here.

2 comments:

  1. Great run Jules. We have an identical temperature range forecast for tomorrow with hopefully no rain at all. Like your weather, it's been diabolical recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoff, I guess we were lucky - didn't have the fog that you 'fellas endured.

    I don't believe I've ever had so many rides in single digit temps as I've had this winter, but having the new motorcycle has been a great incentive to get out and about.

    Cheers Jules.

    ReplyDelete